Who is Chelsea's main rival?
- Who is Chelsea's main rival?
- What is the biggest Derby in London?
- What is a derby match in Premier League?
- What is the best derby in English football?
- What is Chelsea's biggest defeat?
- Who do Chelsea hate the most?
- Is Chelsea vs Fulham a derby?
- Is Chelsea vs Tottenham a derby?
- How many times has the Chelsea vs Fulham Derby been played?
- When was the first London derby in football?
- What is the definition of a football derby?
- Why isn't the west London derby as popular as it used to be?
Who is Chelsea's main rival?
- West Ham United. These London Clubs are literally known as Chelsea's biggest rivals because they are all from the same city.
What is the biggest Derby in London?
BIGGEST LONDON FOOTBALL DERBIES
- The North London Derby: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur. Without a doubt, this match is the most famous of all the London derbies. ...
- The North West London Derby: Chelsea vs Arsenal and Tottenham. ...
- The Dockers Derby: Millwall vs West Ham United. ...
- West London and South of the River.
What is a derby match in Premier League?
The most competitive matches in the Premier League are often 'Derby' matches. A 'derby' is a match between local rivals. i.e. teams that are from the same city or the same part of the country. These local games have a special place in the hearts of fans and players.
What is the best derby in English football?
The Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers is widely considered the greatest in British sports. This image showing the separation of the two fanbases on derby day.
What is Chelsea's biggest defeat?
Record defeat: 1–8 v. Wolverhampton Wanderers, First Division, 26 September 1953. Record Premier League defeat: 0–6 v. Manchester City, 10 February 2019. Record FA Cup defeat: 0–6 v. Sheffield Wednesday, Second Round Replay, 5 February 1913.
Who do Chelsea hate the most?
Arsenal may have been the first choice for many Chelsea fans, as the friction between the clubs goes back to the 1930s. A recent poll revealed that the majority of Chelsea fans consider Arsenal as their main rivals.
Is Chelsea vs Fulham a derby?
The West London Derby is the name given to a football derby played between any two of Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, all of whom are situated within West London.
Is Chelsea vs Tottenham a derby?
The Chelsea F.C.–Tottenham Hotspur F.C. rivalry is a rivalry between London-based professional association football clubs Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur....Chelsea F.C.–Tottenham Hotspur F.C. rivalry.
|First meeting||18 December 1909 First Division Chelsea 2–1 Tottenham Hotspur|
|Latest meeting||19 September 2021 Premier League Tottenham Hotspur 0–3 Chelsea|
How many times has the Chelsea vs Fulham Derby been played?
- The derby's most common match, Chelsea vs Fulham, has taken place 75 times. By contrast, the North London derby has been contested almost 200 times, and the Merseyside derby over 230 times. The 2011–12 campaign was the first instance of three of the west London clubs competing in the top flight in the same season: Chelsea, Fulham and QPR.
When was the first London derby in football?
- The first London Football League derby took place at Clapton Stadium on 11 November 1905, where Chelsea beat Clapton Orient 3–0 in a Second Division match. Chelsea also won the first top-flight London derby with a 2–1 victory over Woolwich Arsenal, in a First Division game at Stamford Bridge on 9 November 1907.
What is the definition of a football derby?
- It specifically refers to individual matches between the teams, but can also be used to describe the general ongoing rivalry between the clubs and fans. The first ever London Football League derby took place at Clapton Stadium on 11 November 1905, where Chelsea beat Clapton Orient 3–0 in a Second Division match.
Why isn't the west London derby as popular as it used to be?
- Fulham also formed rivalries with other teams from London like Brentford and QPR. All these reduced the prominence of the West London Derby. That is less true for Fulham fans, with the fact that their nearest neighbours have been more successful ensuring that matches against Chelsea retain a David vs Goliath factor.